Shattered Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st)

4 posters

Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty Meet and Greet (Nov 21st)

Post  Amanda Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:44 pm

If you'd like to meet everyone before game, this is your chance. On November 21st there will be a meet and greet. It will be at Spire's at 6:30pm.

The address/phone are:
22327 Wilmington Ave, Carson, CA
(310) 830-8170‎

If you'd like to make characters here, I'll bring character sheets and we can help with any questions :-)

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by Amanda on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet
Deed Name: The Boss
Tribe: Black Fury

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty Re: Meet and Greet (Nov 21st)

Post  amberdz Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:40 am

What kind of place are you looking for?

amberdz

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty place

Post  Amanda Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:44 am

Oh, Lol that info would help. Looking for some kind of all night restaurant. Something like Denny's. Just somewhere that can handle a bunch of hungry nerds without too much trouble.

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  amberdz Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:02 am

There's a Denny's by the 405, across from the mall.

amberdz

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty Waffle house

Post  Dante Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:28 am

I vote for Waffle house, great sweet tea ... MMmmm Sweet tea... to bad it is an east coast thing. Give me a sec, let me work some google fu... Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken looks interesting; even looks to be within walking distance. I think that the meet and great should be a "afters" test run, see if we like the place and if they like us Smile
-Tracy

Dante

Back to top Go down

Post  Dante Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:30 am

amberdz wrote:There's a Denny's by the 405, across from the mall.

Please any where but Denny's, they have horrible Tea ;(
-Tracy

Dante

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:33 am

amberdz wrote:There's a Denny's by the 405, across from the mall.

I think I saw that one, you can see it from the 405 right? It was pretty close to campus. It's a good option if we can't find anything else. Denny's may not have sweet tea (which is the sad) but it does have unlimited hot cocoa Very Happy

Dante wrote:I vote for Waffle house, great sweet tea ... MMmmm Sweet tea... to bad it is an east coast thing. Give me a sec, let me work some google fu... Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken looks interesting; even looks to be within walking distance. I think that the meet and great should be a "afters" test run, see if we like the place and if they like us Smile
-Tracy

Does it look like it's open late? Having the meet and greet be an afters test run was exactly what I was thinking, see how the place feels for nerdness. Do you have a url for the Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken though? My google skills seem to be failing me.

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty Late is very relative

Post  Dante Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:55 am

Amanda wrote:
Does it look like it's open late? Having the meet and greet be an afters test run was exactly what I was thinking, see how the place feels for nerdness. Do you have a url for the Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken though? My google skills seem to be failing me.

Sadly no, the guy on the phone was like; we are open late on the weekend. But his idea of late was 9PM, from the timestamps on your E_mails I would have to say that is not late for this group. But the URL is http://honeyskettle.com/

How late is late? There is a TGIF
1725 S Alameda St
Compton, CA 90220-4977
(310) 763-9830
-Tracy

Dante

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty afters

Post  Amanda Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:44 pm

10 or 11pm, The meet-up wouldn't be that late, but afters would be.

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty Spire's

Post  Amanda Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Alright, so me, Dan, and Chris went driving around at 1 in the morning to look for all night restaurants that seemed decent. One that is semi-close to campus is called "Spire's" It's set up in a circle - hence the reason for the name - and looked like it could handle a good number of larpers. Dan has eaten there before, said it's a bit better than denny's, which isn't saying much, but it's all night food and typically has some $4-6 specials.

Anyone have any objections? Didn't seem like anyone had another idea. Also, what time is good for everyone? I was thinking meeting up for either lunch or dinner, 1pm ish, or 6:30pm ish.

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelvarn Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:22 am

I don't mind what time it will be. I can set aside the time.

But, like Amanda said, it would be best to have someplace similar to where we will be hanging out at as an aftergame thing.

The reason I say this, is because you want people to be going there after, so we can have a huge party. I know from experience that Wafflehouse is pretty good for an afters, but I am partial to Denny's. It's old school for the RHPS crowd. (RHPS= Rocky Horror Picture Show)

Kelvarn

Character sheet
Deed Name:
Tribe:

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty afters

Post  Amanda Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't see a wafflehouse near Dominguez hills campus, do you have the address? I'll add it to the poll if it's close. I think the ones Dante is talking about are an east coast chain. Is there another set around here?

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dante Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:47 am

Amanda wrote:I don't see a wafflehouse near Dominguez hills campus, do you have the address? I'll add it to the poll if it's close. I think the ones Dante is talking about are an east coast chain. Is there another set around here?

Sadly yes ;( wafflehouse is a east coast thing. But I vote for TGIF.
-Tracy

Dante

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty TGIF

Post  Amanda Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:33 pm

I can defiantly see where you're coming from. TGIF probably has some good food and is a much better chain than Denny's (At least in my opinion). I see a few possible problems though. TGIF is more of a bar-restaurant. It may end up being loud and not much of a place to talk. Also, Google says the closest one is in Torrance, and that it's service is terrible. Otherwise, I just have questions... What are the food prices like? And what time do they stay open till? I went onto their website, but it didn't say much. (And the fact that I'm awake when they aren't open to call doesn't help.

Anyway, I'll add it in the place of "other" since I'm fairly sure it's what people who said other were meaning by their choice.

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dante Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Amanda wrote:... Google says the closest one is in Torrance, ...

??? how about the one from my earlier post?

1725 S Alameda St
Compton, CA 90220-4977
(310) 763-9830

TGIF is normally open until 2AM, they have good priced appetizers, a little loud maybe but that means we are not going to get kicked out for being loud Smile
-Tracy

Dante

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet (Nov 21st) Empty Compton?

Post  Amanda Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:55 am

Lol, oh.

The closest one not in Compton is in Torrance :-)

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum