Shattered Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Character Creation

3 posters

Go down

Basic Character Creation Empty Basic Character Creation

Post  Amanda Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:26 pm

I've been looking through the larp book and have realized that I'd just be copy-pasting the whole thing (and getting our forum deleted) if I tried to explain it all. If you need a copy of the larp book, just email me and I'll get it to you. Also, character creation may be a bit hard to puzzle out for first time players. If you haven't larped before and would like like some help making your character before game, e-mail or pm me and I'll be happy to set up a character with you either on instant messenger or in person.

Anyone who would like to is also welcome to make a character at the meet and greet, or during the first game. I'd suggest having one before hand though, so your character doesn't miss anything exciting. I'll also have a few characters pre-made if anyone doesn't have time to make one and just wants to jump into the game (You're always welcome to make another character later, though the renown and experience (IE, character level) wouldn't carry over to a new character.

For those of you that have larped before and want the Character creation rules that are specific to our game, here they are:

Step 1: Inspiration

* No special tribes, changeling breeds, or other weird stuff will be accepted during character creation. Kinfolk are allowable and are created as per the rules in Laws of the Wild: Revised.

Step 3: Advantages

* Gifts and fetishes will be accepted on a case by case basis and must be justified to the staff. However, if one is turned down from reasons other than a lack of justification, it will be turned down for everyone.
* Influences above three require staff approval.
* Everyone starts as Cliath and gets renown and gifts as their rank dictates. Talk to staff if you are just dieing to play a cub and we'll talk with you about it.

Step 4: Last Touches
Merits and Flaws

* You get Five Freebie Points to spend wherever you would like (See costs below)
* You can have Up to Five Negative Traits gaining 1 extra point for each negative trait
o Negative Traits must be chosen from the book, they may not be invented.
o A Derangement may be taken instead of two Negative Traits
* Up to Seven Points of Merits
* Up to Seven Points of Flaws

Freebie Point Costs
Traits, Abilities, and Backgrounds: 1 point
Basic Gifts: 3 points
Willpower, Rage, and Gnosis: 2 points
Merits/Flaws: as marked

Step 5: Spark of Life

* Characters can not enter game as part of a pack, though they may enter game as a former member of a pack.
* A history beyond a brief character concept is not required. If you do submit one, however, you receive three extra bonus points which can be spent like freebie points.

For those of you that haven't made a werewolf larp character before, here are the basic steps:
1- Choose a concept
2- Choose a nature (what your character truly feels) and a demeanor (How your character acts to the outside world). Both of which can be found in a list in the Larp book.
3- Chose your primary, secondary, and tertiary attributes. The three options are Social, Mental, and Physical. The primary attribute is your strongest attribute, secondary is your second strongest, and tertiary your third strongest.
4- Choose your traits in those attributes. There is a list in the Larp book of traits for each attribute. You can choose 7 for your primary attribute, 5 for your secondary attribute, and 3 for your tertiary attribute. You can also choose up to 5 negative traits to gain extra points for spending in other areas. These traits will be what you use to attack with, talk to NPCs and other players with, and figure out story line information with.
5- Choose 5 Abilities, three basic gifts (all of which are allowed in our game, not just the ones from your tribe and auspice), and five backgrounds
6- Assign Rage (determined by your auspice), Assign Gnosis (determined by your breed), and Assign Willpower (determined by your tribe)
7- Choose Merits and Flaws (if any)
8- Spend your five free points, any extra points you received from negative traits or flaws, and three extra points (if you wrote a background).

It looks a lot more intimidating than it really is. There is also an easy printable character sheet here: http://download.white-wolf.com/download/download.php?file_id=299 or if you want a fill in the blank computer version you can find grapevine here: http://www.grapevinelarp.com/download.shtml. Either way, please print two copies of your sheet so we can keep one to track your Renown and Experience points with.

Also, please note that you can make changes to your character after any of the first three games you play. It will just be assumed that your character was always that way. If you play a game or two and decide you don't like something, it's no big deal. Just get us a copy of your new character sheet after you make the changes.

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet
Deed Name: The Boss
Tribe: Black Fury

Back to top Go down

Basic Character Creation Empty Re: Basic Character Creation

Post  Nile's Rage Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:01 pm

What books are we aloud to pull from? For instance, I am making a Glasswalker, am I aloud to use the GW Tribe Book for character creation? Or is everything in there reserved for obtaining in game, if at all? And does this include, but is not limited to, Merits and Flaws?

Also, rules for packs and totems? Trying to come in with a pack of garou and want to know what books I am aloud to look up Totems in. Do you have house rules for how many you can have in a pack? For instance, do we need 3 or more in a pack to be considered a true pack and be able to obtain a totem? Or is two just fine?
Nile's Rage
Nile's Rage

Character sheet
Deed Name: Nile's Rage
Tribe: Silent Strider

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:57 pm

You can pull from any of the revised books, you'll just have to let story tellers know if you have anything that's not from the larp book, since that's the only one we've bothered to memorize. Fetishes and backgrounds of 5 need story teller approval. Merits and Flaws can come from the revised books also.

And as far as packs, we don't want any packs formed before larp. You can have been a part of a former pack with people at game, but packs will be made in character, once game starts. You can use Totems from any revised edition book. And a two person pack is allowed, but not recommended. You can have a totem in a two person pack.

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nile's Rage Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:28 am

Awesome. So are Camps aloud at character creation? Or do we have to wait to get those in game?
Nile's Rage
Nile's Rage

Character sheet
Deed Name: Nile's Rage
Tribe: Silent Strider

Back to top Go down

Basic Character Creation Empty Camps

Post  Amanda Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Camps are fine before game. They're optional - a lot of people don't have the tribe books.

Amanda
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Im sorry bout the totem thing i must be going crazy

Trevor

Character sheet
Deed Name: